Best Passion.io Alternatives, Competitors & Similar Software (2023)
Looking for different alternatives to Passion.io community platforms? You’ve come to the right place! Here, you can read more about the best Passion.io alternatives available to build your community with ease. But first, let’s understand what Passion.io is, and why it matters.
What is Passion.io?
Passion.io is an easy way to create a mobile learning platform for your online courses. You don't need coding experience to create a fully customizable learning ecosystem.
What can Passion.io do for you?
- Offers seamless orders & subscription plans.
- Provides easy payments and pay-out.
- Provides a hassle-free drag and drop option.
- Passion IO is primarily used for mobile apps.
- Starts at $97/mo.
- 14-day free trial available.
What is an online community platform?
A community platform can help you create a safe, secure online space where your members can interact with each other and your company. With a community platform, you can give your members the ability to share knowledge, help each other, and create valuable personal and professional networks.
There are a lot of community platforms out there, but the best ones share some key features. They're customizable, use modern design practices, are easy to use, and come with powerful gamification and moderation capabilities. If you're looking for a new community platform, make sure it has these features.
Who uses community platforms and why?
In the online world, the majority of users of community platforms sell online courses and digital products and run online businesses.
Teachers, coaches, and instructors organize these communities around a common interest so that they can sell their online courses and provide social engagement to their members.
Brands can connect with their audience and learn more about their members through live events and webinars. These events allow brands to engage with their audience and learn more about their needs and wants.
Community platforms offer a unique way to get people engaged with one another- by harnessing the power of gamification. With this, members can earn points, levels, and rewards for being active on the platform and contributing to the community. This not only incentive positive behaviour but also brings people together who may not have had a reason to communicate.
Reasons you should look for Passion.io Alternatives
Passion may provide lot of easily available features to help build a community. But is it the right choice for you? Let’s look at some points to analyse its utility.
- Not affordable for everyone.
- Due to many features, it may take some time to become familiar with Passion.io.
- The drip content feature is not available in the Pro plan.
- You cannot organize discussions.
- No Zoom integration available.
- Passion IO does not offer 1:1 messaging.
- Quizzes assessments are not offered at Passion IO.
The Best Passion.io Alternatives to Try in 2023 (Updated)
Scenes is an ultimate community platform that helps you build a robust community where you can sell your courses and host live events, webinars, and live streams. Scenes offers the best community features through which you can moderate, manage, and monetize your community all in one place - with your brand appearance, under your custom domain. Scenes can also generate a whitelabelled mobile app and list it on the Play Store/App Store.
- High level of customization: You can plug in your domain, add your branding, maintain the brand's colours, and even copy/paste your exact UI (via custom CSS). Scenes is an absolute "brand-consistent" platform.
- Built-in store: A built-in store allows you to sell courses, information products, digital goods, merchandise and even membership tiers. Plus, you pay the lowest transaction fees compared to all other similar platforms.
- Push notifications on mobile: When more than 60% of global internet users are on mobile devices, your members must have access to the community on the go. Push notifications via a mobile app ensures that your users are engaged regardless of where they are.
- Available across in multiple formats & avatars; be it a web app under your domain, a native whitelabeled app on Android and iOS, integrations within your existing app or API-based integrations.
- Auto Scaling across platforms - Scenes uses powerful auto-scaling technology to keep your community blazing fast no matter how many visitors you have across all devices. They scale as you scale.
- The only platform that enables custom CSS for top to bottom granular-level user interface customization. You can make your community look close to your app/website's UI.
- A built-in coin system lets you incentivize your community members to engage more.
- Live audio-video features for your events, webinars and live classes where all your members can get notified and RSVP.
- You will lose some members during the platform migration process.
Udemy enables businesses to adapt to changing workplace demands by delivering fresh, on-demand training content through a powerful marketplace. Through Udemy, corporations provide their employees easy access to training courses led by independent authorities in a variety of topics.
- You can learn at your own pace with lectures provided by Udemy in video, audio, and text formats.
- The courses can also include additional resources.
- The course instructors are available for one-on-one chat with students.
- A huge selection of courses - Udemy offers a wide selection of courses, which makes it possible for teams to find pretty much any course they might be interested in.
- With Udemy for Business' apps across several platforms, my reports can learn in the way that suits them best, at a time convenient to them.
- Data and metrics provide me with insight into how my employees are engaging with their learning with Udemy for Business.
- Navigation can be confusing. Your own learning paths can be difficult to get to from home page.
- Lack of gamification elements and motivating factors makes Udemy some-what outdated platform. There is no external tools to push the user to stay on track with their course.
- There are no direct support from Udemy. There is no number provided or any other medium to contact them which can create a hassle when in need of serious questioning.
Kartra is a simple and easy-to-use cloud-based expense management software. It allows you to keep an eye on your employees' expenses even if they are out of the office or traveling. Karta gives you real time insight into how much your employees spend, where they spend, what categories of expenses they are making and how their spending compares with other employees in the company.
- The Kartra API allows you to integrate your own custom back-end code with your Kartra account.
- Currently, Kartra Calendars can be synced with Google Calendars.
- Taking payments on your behalf with Kartra Checkouts is made easier with transaction processing providers. PayPal, Authorize.net, Stripe and Braintree are all integrations they offer.
- You can manage your leads, do email marketing, capture leads, automate and you only pay for one platform and everything is concentrated there.
- Extremely easy to setup your entirely business and starting list and nurture your leads. Great graphics and video trainings.
- dashboard is set up for ease of use and the analytics provide valuable feedback so one can adjust their marketing strategy accordingly based on facts.
- There are times when data import takes longer than expected, and the configuration screen isn't as effective as you might think. However, after a while you get used to it and it works very well.
- If there is a problem with membership or drip content, the customer has to restart from scratch and there is no solution from customer support
- This appears to be the only downfall, since Kartra and Webinarjam are brothers, but the integration is poor.
Teachable is a popular online course platform that allows anyone to create, host and sell their pre-recorded online courses. So if you have your videos recorded & ready, you can create an online course within half an hour without being tech-savvy.
- Drag and drop builder - Building courses on Teachable can get slightly confusing if you try to do it all yourself. But thankfully, if you follow their tutorials, it becomes easy.
- Quizzes - You can add multiple choice questions alongside (or after) your lectures - this helps your students assess their learning progress.
- Promotional offers - You can create coupon codes. This is a good way to run discounts and increase sales on your courses.
- Paid plan starts at $39/month.
- Teachable has free trial.
- Teachable is affordable even on the paid plans, making it accessible to everyone.
- Teachable is easy to start with - it best suits beginners to advanced-level users.
- You can sell a variety of add-ons alongside courses like ebooks and services and even set up workshops and conferences.
- Pay-out options are a problem for customers from outside of the USA.
- Teachable doesn't include email marketing, community management, or landing page software.
- Teachable does not offer gamification or live learning which can make your courses boring and not up to the mark, as per 2023 standards (where cohort-based courses are the norm).
Thinkific is a digital course creation platform where educators can curate online courses for their students. In addition, they offer competitive LMS features that let their customers run online courses effectively.
- Assessments & Certificates - Offers comprehensive quizzes, engagement surveys, assignments, exams and certificates.
- Progress Tracking - In-depth reporting to track student progress.
- Live Lessons - Deliver lessons via live audio/video and let your students engage with you in realtime (via Zoom integration).
- Paid plan starts at $39/month to $399/month.
- The free plan includes access to all the core features of the platform.
- Easy-to-use UI that makes running courses on Thinkific all the more seamless.
- A very prompt support system responds to customer queries and problems and comes with an active Facebook group filled with Thinkific customers.
- You can design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in one interface without needing third-party integrations.
- Not built for community engagement - in 2023, an LMS is not enough to successfully run courses. Thinkific lacks critical community features like gamification and incentive systems.
- Cannot manage multiple cohorts under the same roof - this may constrain you as your courses start scaling and diversifying.
- The pricing is slightly more expensive than alternatives and confusing for some.
Disclaimer: To curate the pros, cons and reviews - we mine the internet for customer references regarding the said software. Some of our sources include Reddit, Product Hunt, Twitter & Quora (and sites like G2 & Capterra).
What you should do now
Whenever you’re ready…here are 3 ways we can help:
If you’d like to turn your business into a community-led business, book a call with us. One of our community experts will understand your current situation, and suggest how a community can work for you.
If you know another colleague or friend who’d enjoy reading this page, share it with them via email, Linkedin, Twitter, or Facebook.